NOTICE – SCMUA changed its Electronic Waste drop-off program for recycling Covered Electronic Devices during normal business hours. The CED’s may be dropped off at no charge at the Recycling Center. (A scale charge will still apply to non-covered e-waste).
Electronics Recycling – Sussex County MUA (scmua.org)
ALL TRASH AND RECYCLING MUST BE OUT BY 7:00 AM
HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE – STARTING May 1, 2023 every Tuesday – Limited to two (2) 32 gallon containers. Only 32 gallon trash cans or smaller should be used. If you have filled your two 32 gallon trash cans and need to place more trash out for pick-up, you will need to purchase a sticker at the Borough Hall and place one sticker on each additional bag of trash for pick-up. Bags should not weigh more than 30 pounds.
Stickers are available at the Borough Hall for a fee of $2.00 per sticker. Cash (exact change) or check only, from 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday.
RECYCLABLES – Every other Thursday. See calendar for recycling schedule.
RECYCLABLES = Newspapers, magazines, all cardboard, junk mail, office paper (no need to tie or bundle), wrapping paper, toilet paper/paper towel cardboard rolls, tissue boxes, cereal boxes, juice boxes, waxed cartons, cans, bottles, jars, plastic toys, milk crates, laundry baskets, plastic buckets, agriculture plastic trays and plastic flower pots, plastic totes, broken plastic lawn furniture. All recyclables can go into the same container.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
BULKY ITEMS – STARTING May 1, 2023 the first Tuesday of the month – One (1) bulky item per month.
If you are going to have more than one bulky item you must call Blue Diamond Disposal directly, in advance, at 973-598-9800.
Bulky items include Furniture, carpeting and mattresses
ELECTRONIC WASTE – Televisions, desktop or laptop computers, monitors – WILL NOT BE PICKED UP! PLEASE DO NOT PLACE THESE ITEMS OUT FOR PICK-UP!
SCMUA sponsors free E-waste events to Sussex County Residents, call SCMUA at 973-579-6998 for further information.
RECHARGABLE BATTERIES – If it’s rechargeable it’s recyclable – DO NOT dispose of in household garbage or recyclables – Please dispose of rechargeable batteries at the Borough Hall.
Please do not leave any uncollected garbage or bulky waste curbside. Borough Ordinance 12-09 Section 1, 8-4.5,A; All structures and premises in the Borough of Ogdensburg shall be kept free of all of the following conditions: Broken glass, excessive brush, weeds, stumps and roots, obnoxious growth, filth, garbage, trash, refuse, rubbish and debris.
RECYCLING LOCATION CHANGE
- OGDENSBURG RESIDENTS ONLY
- The recycling dumpsters are now located at the Boro DPW yard on Brooks Flat Rd.
- NO household garbage or hazardous waste allowed!!!!
- Co mingled plastic, glass, newspapers and card board only!
- No exceptions. Violators will be issued summons!
- Video cameras are NOW in operation at this location as we no longer have an attendant.
- Please crush cardboard as flat as possible so that we don’t waste space.
- NOTHING is to be place on ground even if dumpsters are filled!
- This is a work in progress and we will all have to work together to fine tune the new recycling location.
- There is now a larger amount of dumpster space. REMEMBER there is no limit to the amount of recycling you can put curbside at your home on recycling day.
- There is NO limit on recycling that can be put out each month.